- 1 3/4 cups cake flour 3 tblsp shortening
- 3/4 tsp baking powder 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tsp cinnamon 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tsp ginger 4 tblsp boiling water
- 1/2 tsp salt
Stir flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt together. Cream shortening, add egg and mix well. Add molasses and marmalade and beat thoroughly. Add sifted dry ingredients and hot water alternately in small amounts, beating well after each addition. Pour into greased 8×8 inch pan and bake at 350 F for 35-45 minutes.