The Drunkard’s To Do List
The idea is to cross every item off this list. Of course if you do that, your liver will give out before you can actually tell anyone about it. But go ahead, give it a shot. Just don’t ask me to go with you.
1. Open and close a bar.
2. Go on a bender.
3. Drink a fifth of hard liquor, by yourself, in one day.
Dance like a fool in front of a large hooting crowd.
5. Spend a night in the drunk tank.
6. Get drunk on the grave of your hero.
7. Buy a crowded bar a round.
Embark on an impromptu road trip.
Get 86’d from a bar.
Extravagantly over-tip a bartender.
Walk up to an attractive stranger way out of your league and buy him or her a drink.
Conspire an after hours at your favorite bar.
13. Make your best friend a perfect martini.
14. Buy, build or steal a home bar.
Get carried home by your drinking buddies.
16. Get drunk with your father.
Fight a good fight.
Visit the source of your favorite beer, wine or liquor.
19. Drunkenly watch the sun come up with your best boozing buddies and a bottle.
20. Sit in on an A. A. meeting.
Hit a dozen bars in one night.
22. Try at least one hundred different drinks.
Get loaded in the land of your forefathers.
24. Juice on the job.
Split a magnum of expensive champagne with your true love.
Give a hobo twenty bucks.
27. Get loaded and tell your boss exactly how you feel.
28. Send a friend a bottle of good liquor.
29. Eat a pickled egg from the big jar.
30. Go on a fishing trip with your pals.
Eat the worm.
Learn at least one traditional drinking song.
Steal some booze.
34. Spend half a paycheck on a single bottle of liquor.
35. Start your long-awaited and very personal autobiography: Me and the Booze: A Love Story.
36. Try absinthe.
37. Watch the movie Barfly with five of your closest friends.
38. Work at least a week as a bartender.
39. Make your own beer, wine or moonshine.
40. Go to your place of worship loaded.