- 1 3/4 cups (about 8 ounces) blanched, ground almonds
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed, diced
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 36 white seedless grapes, halved, for garnish.
1. In a large bowl, combine the almonds, bread, garlic, milk and vinegar. Working in three batches, transfer about a third of the mixture to a blender and process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly pour in 2/3 cup of olive oil. Strain the soup through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Repeat process with the remaining mixture.
2. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and chill for several hours. Before serving, taste the soup; if it tastes too strongly of either garlic or vinegar, add a bit of water. Serve the soup garnished with grape halves. Yield: 6 servings.