- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey breast
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 30 oz. can of great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can creamed-style corn
- 7 oz. can green chilies, diced, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 8 to 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- Blue corn chips
Brown the meat with onion. Drain excess fat, put in a large pot and add all remaining ingredients except cheese and corn chips. Add just enough water to cover the mixture. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally and adding more water when necessary, 45 minutes to one hour until the beans are soft and the chili is thick. Add more spices if necessary.
Cube the cheese and drop it into the pot. Stir until cheese is well-blended. Serve with corn chips.