- 1 small Red Lobster Cocktail Shrimp Party Platter
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 8 stalks celery, diced
- 20 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
Remove tails from shrimp, if desired. Add oil to large skillet. Place onions, peppers, celery and garlic in hot oil. Saute 2 minutes, then cover and sweat until cooked (5-7 minutes). Stir again. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir. Cook 5 minutes unitl roux begins to brown and stick to vegetables. Stir in tomatoes, allow to boil and thicken.
Add shrimp, cayenne, pepper and salt. Cook 5 minutes. Add sherry, bring back to a boil. Serve over white rice.