- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 10 ounces sliced whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Pound chicken breasts flat, and lay them on work surface. Sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese on both sides. Place a pinch of minced garlic and 1 teaspoon butter in the center of each breast. Cover each breast with a layer of prosciutto and mozzarella cheese. Reserve some of the prosciutto to place on top of the chicken. Roll up each chicken breast, and secure with toothpicks.
3. In a 9×13 inch baking dish, combine white wine and olive oil. Arrange chicken rolls in dish. Place a small piece of prosciutto on top of each roll, and sprinkle with pepper.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, an juices run clear.
Original recipe yield: 4 servings.