- 9 inch graham cracker crumb crust or baked pastry shell
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/3 Lemon juice from concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In mixer bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into prepared crust. Top with Golden Lemon Topping. Chill 3 hours. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Golden Lemon Topping
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon butter
In saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add other ingredients except butter; mix well. Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat, add butter, stir until melted.