My grandmother makes this extraordinary dip every year for family gatherings, and we love it. It makes a huge amount of dip, though; about three times what one would typical expect to serve at a party. (That’s about right for my big Catholic family, but it might be too much for your party.) So halve the recipe, or freeze some.
- 1/2 lb. of grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb. of grated swiss cheese
- 1/2 lb. of Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Ascent or Lowry’s seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion or onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Grate Velveeta cheese and mix with other grated cheeses, mayonnaise, sugar and spices. Chill before serving. Keeps well, freezes well.