A small photoset of house pictures on Flickr.
I can’t begin to describe how happy I am right now! We closed on my old house this afternoon, and I drove directly to the bank and deposited the check into our savings account. Yay! Thank goodness. Now we only own two houses – ours and Stephanie’s, which is rented out. I have to call and cancel the utilities.
I thought I would be more upset than I am, but I went over this morning to gather up all the cleaning supplies and go through everything one last time, and I realize how much happier I am at our new house. This probably sounds really shallow, but I love that all the woodwork at our new house meets at the corners correctly, and we have beautiful hardwood floors, and everything is not all shabby and worn. It bugs me to look at pictures of the dog and cats from my old house, because the background of all the photos looked crappy.
Walking around the house reminded me of what bugged me all the time when I lived there; I had a running list in my head of stuff I needed to fix and work on all the time. I still have that list in our house, but it’s much, much shorter, and it doesn’t cover every square inch of the house.
And I can’t begin to say how awesome it is not to have that extra mortgage. There’s so much we’ll be able to do now – after we pay a bunch of bills, of course. Oh, sunshine day! I could not be more thrilled.
- My Photos
- Big Things Photos
- “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- Lost “Big Things” in Indianapolis
- Inflated “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- “Big Things” in Indiana
- “Big Things” in Muncie, Indiana
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 1
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 2
- “Big Things” Daytrip to Louisville, Kentucky
- “Big Things” Road Trip to Kansas
- “Big Things” Route 66 Road Trip 2007
- Dinosaurland in Winchester, Virginia
- “Big Things” Around the United States
- Recipe Box
- Current Events