Sunday we looked at two houses. The first we’ve eliminated from the equation; it was a 802 N. Highland in Cottage Homes. I might throw up the pictures of it later, because we’ve ruled it out. It was a cute little cottage, but was too much work to update the interior.
The second house we saw was pretty amazing. It has pretty much everything we have on our needs list, and what’s on our “wants” list also. The drawbacks are:
- Looks like the roof and gutters need work
- The bedrooms are oddly configured and might be awkward for our living needs (the lots of clothes issue)
- It’s just outside our price range (although we’re pre-approved for it)
- Its only the third house we’ve seen
- We’d have to jump on it pretty quickly, because it’s desirable, so it would be a sudden move.
Our realtor is nervous about the house because it’s unusual for someone to settle on a house this quickly — and I freely admit I fall in love with houses way too easily. So we’re looking at more stuff.
But there are some things about this house that really make my heart sing:
- it’s in a quiet, low crime downtown neighborhood I really want to live in. (Most else we’ve pulled up on Mibor is in Irvington. Which is cool — but you can’t get to Irvington from anywhere.)
- The laundry room is upstairs on the second floor, near the bedrooms (sheer decadent heaven!)
- The yard is nice and large for dogs to run around in.
- It’s Victorian, and looks it inside.
- The front porch is huge!
- Oh, yeah, this is funny: It has a murphy bed
I know I shouldn’t be attached to this house, and that we should look at more.