On Thursday, George W. Bush made an appearance on the David Letterman show and read his list of the top 10 ways the White House would change if he were elected president. In the interest of balanced reporting, the Gore campaign offered its own list of "changes" voters can expect if Governor Bush is elected.
10) The administration that "looks like America" is replaced by the administration that "looks like 1990."
9) Bridge to the 21st Century dismantled to make room for oil derricks
8) Replace Council of Economic Advisers with Cadre of Fuzzy Mathematicians
7) Rose Garden to be kept beautiful by the chemical industry
6) Secret diplomatic packages disguised as GAP pants
5) State Dinners become State Lunches so as not to interfere with bedtime
4) Replace West Wing with right wing
3) Outlaw "Washington" terms like "insurance," "health care," "solvency," "economic growth," "clean water," and "campaign finance reform."
2) Install cubicle in the Oval Office so Charlton Heston can have "some personal space."
1) There is no number one. Under Governor Bush’s tax plan, only the wealthiest 1 percent can afford a full Top 10 list.