As we welcome our new members and visitors, it is only fair to let them know what we Unitarian Universalists are like and what we expect.
- We are friendly. If you are not friendly, out you go!
- We are genuine people. Even our phonies are real phonies.
- We are always sincere, even if we have to fake it.
- We aren’t sure how ambivalent we should be.
- We believe in tolerance and cannot stand intolerant people.
- We are optimists. Anyone who doesn’t look on the bright side depresses us.
- We are more non-competitive than other groups.
- We believe in equality; everyone is as good as the next person and a whole lot better.
- Every Unitarian is a feminist, so he has to watch his language.
- The organization is run democratically because the president insists on it.
- We have our critics, but they are paranoid.
- We are prompt about being late to meetings.
- Dogmatism is absolutely forbidden.
- Freedom of belief is rigidly enforced.
And to this wonderful place we joyfully welcome you.