I think that's what candles are meant to mask the scent of, actually. #missingThePoint
"Special Photograph no. 1098. Nancy Cowman, 19, and Vera Crichton, 23, are listed in the NSW Police Gazette 24 March 1924 as charged, along with three others, with "conspiring together to procure a miscarriage" on a third woman. Cowman (alias Divvers, alias Denvers) was eventually acquitted. Crichton was "bound over to appear for sentence if called upon within three years." – I wonder what this means? Were they aiding the third woman with an abortion, or were they acting maliciously to cause a miscarriage?
Special Photograph no. 234. When 'Harry Leon Crawford', hotel cleaner of Stanmore was arrested and charged with wife murder he was revealed to be in fact Eugeni Falleni, a woman and mother, who had been passing as a man since 1899. In 1914, as 'Harry Crawford', Falleni had married the widow Annie Birkett. Three years later, shortly after she announced to a relative that she had found out 'something amazing about Harry', Birkett disappeared. Crawford told neighbours that she had run off with a plumber. In 1919 Birkett's young son, who had remained in Crawford's custody, told an aunt of attempts made on his life by his drunken stepfather.
Gorgeous old photos from glass plates – truly works of art.
Cool. I so need to get busy doing this. I need partners in crime, though.
- My Photos
- Big Things Photos
- “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- Lost “Big Things” in Indianapolis
- Inflated “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- “Big Things” in Indiana
- “Big Things” in Muncie, Indiana
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 1
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 2
- “Big Things” Daytrip to Louisville, Kentucky
- “Big Things” Road Trip to Kansas
- “Big Things” Route 66 Road Trip 2007
- Dinosaurland in Winchester, Virginia
- “Big Things” Around the United States
- Recipe Box
- Current Events