All true, but the math is particularly funny.
The Mary Sue illustrates how not to do crowdsourcing – don't let people vote on stuff that you should care about getting right internally; some things should not be up for a popular vote, and treating people fairly is one of those things.
"Mansplaining isn’t just the act of explaining while male, of course; many men manage to explain things every day without in the least insulting their listeners. Mansplaining is when a dude tells you, a woman, how to do something you already know how to do, or how you are wrong about something you are actually right about, or miscellaneous and inaccurate “facts” about something you know a hell of a lot more about than he does. Bonus points if he is explaining how you are wrong about something being sexist!" —- AKA "everything my brothers say", basically. So yeah, I'm familiar with this concept.
A lengthy feminist analysis and very interesting comments discussion of George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones – Sady covers a lot of my current dissonance about the series I'm in the midst of re-reading. Spoilers abound, so if you haven't read the series yet, bookmark this to come back to; it's very muc worth reading.
- My Photos
- Big Things Photos
- “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- Lost “Big Things” in Indianapolis
- Inflated “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- “Big Things” in Indiana
- “Big Things” in Muncie, Indiana
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 1
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 2
- “Big Things” Daytrip to Louisville, Kentucky
- “Big Things” Road Trip to Kansas
- “Big Things” Route 66 Road Trip 2007
- Dinosaurland in Winchester, Virginia
- “Big Things” Around the United States
- Recipe Box
- Current Events