a collection of Polaroids, one per day, from March 31, 1979 through October 25, 1997.
Slap bang on for me! – "The Referendum is a phenomenon typical of (but not limited to) midlife, whereby people, increasingly aware of the finiteness of their time in the world, the limitations placed on them by their choices so far, and the narrowing options remaining to them, start judging their peers’ differing choices with reactions ranging from envy to contempt."
If this isn't an indication of fraud on the part of executives at major banks and financial firms, I don't know what is. What will it take for Republicans to stop blaming mortgage holders and start blaming Wall Street?
Well. Up with Finland!
“Now we’ve found nature brings out more social feelings, more value for community and close relationships. People are more caring when they’re around nature”
Geithner said at the time he had not known about nearly $1.75 billion in bonuses, retention payments and deferred compensation that AIG was contractually obligated to pay its workers. Millions went to employees in the unit whose bets helped sink the company. Barofsky found no evidence that Geithner knew about the payments before March. But he wrote that it was a "failure of communication" for the top executive of the agencies overseeing AIG to be unaware of the payments.
- My Photos
- Big Things Photos
- “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- Lost “Big Things” in Indianapolis
- Inflated “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- “Big Things” in Indiana
- “Big Things” in Muncie, Indiana
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 1
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 2
- “Big Things” Daytrip to Louisville, Kentucky
- “Big Things” Road Trip to Kansas
- “Big Things” Route 66 Road Trip 2007
- Dinosaurland in Winchester, Virginia
- “Big Things” Around the United States
- Recipe Box
- Current Events