Wow, I should have been celebrating all day. This needs to go on the Odd Holidays Calendar.
"It had gotten to the point where I couldn’t pause for breath in my prose without automatically hitting dot-dot-dot. I was ravenous … a wild animal on the prowl for a pregnant pause, a thoughtful moment or a half-baked idea so I could swoop in and get my fix. I was putting ellipses where commas would suffice … ellipses when em dashes would do the trick … ellipses when a yada-yada-yada would convey the same idea. It was all too much, and I collapsed under the pressure."
Subtitled "A miscellany of Modern Words & Phrases" – Schotts is like snigglets on steriods. It sucks that they truncate the post in RSS feeds (although they do give the definition of the new phrase) because this is one of my favorite new blogs for tapping the zeitgeist of our times.
Analyzing and refuting pseudoscience and the anti-science movement. Analyzing and refuting crank ideas. Explorations of authoritarianism and fundamentalism.
- My Photos
- Big Things Photos
- “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- Lost “Big Things” in Indianapolis
- Inflated “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- “Big Things” in Indiana
- “Big Things” in Muncie, Indiana
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 1
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 2
- “Big Things” Daytrip to Louisville, Kentucky
- “Big Things” Road Trip to Kansas
- “Big Things” Route 66 Road Trip 2007
- Dinosaurland in Winchester, Virginia
- “Big Things” Around the United States
- Recipe Box
- Current Events