This really is a great idea; I’m filing it in my “Public Games” file for when I get around to organizing a city-wide game.
as far back as 1937, the belief that mundanity had a currency for historians spurred three young men to start an ambitious and radical project. When Mass Observation began, members of the public were invited to help with a new research project on daily li
More on the “Mass Observation” movement in Britain.
A short bio of Steve Earle and his recent move to NY. I really like his music.
Funny, popular British device from the 1970’s a combination alarm clock and tea kettle for you bedside table.
The 60th anniversary of the so-called “Roswell Incident” will be marked July 5-8 at the city’s annual UFO festival. City officials say 50,000 people are expected for the event, which will include lectures, book-signings, tours, entertainment, and, accordi
Using photos of oft-snapped subjects (like Notre Dame) scraped from around the Web, Photosynth (based on Seadragon technology) creates breathtaking multidimensional spaces with zoom and navigation features that outstrip all expectation.
- My Photos
- Big Things Photos
- “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- Lost “Big Things” in Indianapolis
- Inflated “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- “Big Things” in Indiana
- “Big Things” in Muncie, Indiana
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 1
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 2
- “Big Things” Daytrip to Louisville, Kentucky
- “Big Things” Road Trip to Kansas
- “Big Things” Route 66 Road Trip 2007
- Dinosaurland in Winchester, Virginia
- “Big Things” Around the United States
- Recipe Box
- Current Events