What asshat things is the “president” doing today?
- No Weapons of Mass Destruction. First, review all the statements our esteemed White House made about WMD prior to the war, in order to justify it. Americans may be happy with ignoring this obvious Bush lie/war crime, but other countries are not. Not at all. And for those toeing the current Rumsfeld absurdity that the weapons were destroyed before the invasion, check out this line. And then there’s the claim that two trailers are the WMD. Oh, and the claim that Saddam himself was a weapon of mass destruction. Yeah, right.
- Tax Cuts. The Financial Times says of the tax cuts: “the lunatics are running the asylum.” And the new study found five million taxpayers in the lowest tax bracket who get no benefit from the law, and 2.5 million single parents with children who also pay taxes but get nothing.
- Censoring Teachers. Bush is threatening the existence of the Head Start program (one of the most successful, popular, and valuable educational programs), and when teachers are speaking out against his plans, he’s threatening them.
- Bush questions accuracy of Auschwitz memorial during tour of death camp, then accuses Europe of not remembering the horrors of the holocaust. I think they remember better than we do, George.
- AWOL Military service. Our commander in chief’s military record has some serious holes. And you guys gave Clinton a hard time.