SCIENTISTS have been warned that their latest experiments may accidently produce monkeys with brains more human than animal.
In cutting-edge experiments, scientists have injected human brain cells into monkey fetuses to study the effects. Critics argue that if these fetuses are allowed to develop into self-aware subjects, science will be thrown into an ethical nightmare.
An eminent committee of American scientists will call for restrictions into the research, saying the outcome of such studies cannot be predicted and may in fact produce subjects with a ‘super-animal’ intelligence.
The high-powered committee of animal behaviourists, lawyers, philosophers, bio-ethicists and neuro-scientists was established four years ago to examine the growing numbers of human/monkey experiments.
- My Photos
- Big Things Photos
- “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- Lost “Big Things” in Indianapolis
- Inflated “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- “Big Things” in Indiana
- “Big Things” in Muncie, Indiana
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 1
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 2
- “Big Things” Daytrip to Louisville, Kentucky
- “Big Things” Road Trip to Kansas
- “Big Things” Route 66 Road Trip 2007
- Dinosaurland in Winchester, Virginia
- “Big Things” Around the United States
- Recipe Box
- Current Events