The bill to amend the Indiana Constitution to ban Marriage Equality passed the Senate today. As Gary Welsh notes on Advance Indiana, the right-wing hate battalion have managed to achieve something that even the KKK weren’t able to do when they held total control of state government – disenfranchise an entire unfavored minority group.
Here are the brave handful of Senators who voted against the SJR-7.
- Anita Bowser (D-Michigan City) S8@in.gov
- Jean Breaux (D-Indianapolis) S34@in.gov
- John Broden (D-South Bend) S10@in.gov
- Sue Errington (D-Muncie) S26@in.gov
- Glenn Howard (D-Indianapolis) S33@in.gov
- Tim Lanane (D-Anderson) S25@in.gov
- Earline Rogers (D-Gary) S3@in.gov
- Vi Simpson (D-Bloomington) S40@in.gov
- Connie Sipes (D-New Albany) S46@in.gov
- Karen Tallian (D-Portage) S4@in.gov
The bill will now go to committee in the House, probably sometime this week. If you haven’t already contacted your state legislators to tell them to stop them amendment, please, please do so. Heck, contact them even if you already have. Stoptheamendment.org has a handy form that lets you do so.