Joanne McNeil takes to task the folks in new media for their (mis)use of the term "curate" and "curator" when they really are talking about content selection, content aggregation and context analysis.
The real-life singing nun was gay (yay!) and killed herself and her partner (not yay at all!) in a suicide pact over their financial ruin. Grim ending for Sister Smile.
A new book exploring the great gender disparity in science and technology, and the causes, including limited access, lack of resources and exclusion from social networks.
She ripped up a picture of the pope in 1992 specifically to protest childhood abuse by the church – 18 years later, people understand what she was saying, thankfully.
This is awesome – the ACLU has been fighting the attempt to "patent" two genes linked to breast and ovarian cancer. The patents would limit women's ability to get genetic screening for those diseases and drive the price of screening up. Good on the ACLU for fighting this fight!
Helvetica was not invented by the Nazis. It's more complicated than that – just go read the post. 🙂
- My Photos
- Big Things Photos
- “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- Lost “Big Things” in Indianapolis
- Inflated “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- “Big Things” in Indiana
- “Big Things” in Muncie, Indiana
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 1
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 2
- “Big Things” Daytrip to Louisville, Kentucky
- “Big Things” Road Trip to Kansas
- “Big Things” Route 66 Road Trip 2007
- Dinosaurland in Winchester, Virginia
- “Big Things” Around the United States
- Recipe Box
- Current Events