Respect for women means respecting our wants, irrespective of your ideas of what’s best for us. It means making our lives easier through substantial change rather than through “courtesies” that make you feel good and make us feel less than. It means working for that everywhere and constantly.
WTF? You've got to be kidding me. My question is this — do they do prostate exams on men who are anesthetized for surgery, too? If they don't then the pelvic exam practice is misogyny, plain and simple.
"A new study sheds light on a little-recognized form of abuse in which men use coercion and birth control sabotage to cause their partners to become pregnant against their will. The study, published in the January issue of Contraception, finds this kind of reproductive control to be especially common in relationships in which women experience physical or sexual partner violence." — This is the reason why abortion needs to remain legal; so these women are given a choice about their own bodies.
Photos from the now defunct interior design magazine Domino. Lots of cool stuff here.
- My Photos
- Big Things Photos
- “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- Lost “Big Things” in Indianapolis
- Inflated “Big Things” In Indianapolis
- “Big Things” in Indiana
- “Big Things” in Muncie, Indiana
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 1
- “Big Things” Midwest Road Trip, part 2
- “Big Things” Daytrip to Louisville, Kentucky
- “Big Things” Road Trip to Kansas
- “Big Things” Route 66 Road Trip 2007
- Dinosaurland in Winchester, Virginia
- “Big Things” Around the United States
- Recipe Box
- Current Events